Friday, June 22, 2012

Lahore, Mogul Architecture and I

Lahore, it is said , is the show case of Mogul architecture - and no wonder it is true too. 

Wherever one moves about in Lahore, one come across some old building or monument built by the architects of the Mogul emperors and queens.  Since I was born and raised in Lahore, I have the privilege to visit almost all the major Mogul architecture spread over Lahore. 

While I will talk each of these great feats of Mogul architecture separately, I am sharing the beautiful photographs of all these buildings and gardens that I once shared in my blog Jaho Jalal.

I have been to one of the best late gardens of the Indian sub continent - the Shalamar or Shalimar gardens, which not only fascinate the tourists but become part of their long cherished memories of visiting Lahore. Besides, I have been to Jahangir and Noor Jahan's tombs, the Lahore Fort, the grand Badshahi Mosque and the Chauburji. The only place I have not visited is the Wazir Khan Masjid - which I intend doing some day.

So watch the photos of these beautiful Mogul buildings and wait for many of my next posts describing each separately:

Lahore Fort by Jalalspages

Badshahi Mosque Lahore Pakistan
Badshahi Mosque Lahore Pakistan by Zoenie

Shalimar Gardens (Lahore)Second terrace
Shalimar Gardens (Lahore)Second terrace by sajjadphotoarts

Shahi Qila, Lahore, Pakistan - April 2008
Shahi Qila, Lahore, Pakistan - April 2008 by SaffyH

Choburji
Choburji by Tahir Iqbal

To Heaven.
To Heaven. by Commoner28th

Lahore Fort
Lahore Fort by Aawara

Wazir Khan Mosque, Lahore
Wazir Khan Mosque, Lahore by *abro*

Tomb of Jahangir, Lahore-3
Tomb of Jahangir, Lahore-3 by bukhaari

Roshnai Gate, Lahore
Roshnai Gate, Lahore by Naeem Rashid

Badshahi, Iqbal and Fort
Badshahi, Iqbal and Fort by Daudpota

Noor -e- Jehan.
Noor -e- Jehan. by Commoner28th

The sprawling city of Lahore behind its iconic buildings
The sprawling city of Lahore behind its iconic buildings by jzakariya

All above photos are shared at Jalalspages Pakistan (Flickr)

Pending my future posts on each of the building above, details of these can be read in the Landmarks section of my website Pakistanpaedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment